This entry is for all of those who have asked us at one point or another, “Are you guys going to have a garden out there?” Our answer has always been “Yes,” but now we can go one step further.
We have a garden out here.
If you have been following this blog for the last year or so, you know that God has blessed us in tremendous and often surprising ways. He gives us what we need, when we need it. Not a moment before…and often many moments beyond when we thought we needed it.
To use a biblical garden analogy, He is the vine and we are the branches. We are on His timetable. We didn’t design Spring to follow Winter, Summer to follow Spring. We can do nothing apart from Him. Indeed, it would be foolish to attempt anything else. How many branches have you seen thriving on their own?
In fact, the garden analogy is “ripe” with real world lessons.
- Keep the weeds away; they’ll choke the good plants.
- Avoid chemical substances; God’s way is always best.
- Be patient. Seeds don’t grow overnight.
- If you want shiny tomatoes, you can’t be afraid to get your hands dirty.
- We can plant the seeds, but God gives the increase.
I could go on – maybe you could offer a few suggested lessons on Facebook – but you get my point:
God is the master gardener, and we all live under his green and infinitely gracious thumb.